Social Media: Facebook: Faith Trust and Pixie Dust - Podcast
Personal Twitters: @Sparkle_Fists @SpilledXWater @deanna790
Check us out on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, and Spotify!!!
This episode of Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust is sponsored by Thy Geekdom Come.
When Klingons invade your time with God, don’t run from it, embrace it. And let your geek and faith flags fly together with Thy Geekdom Come: a 42-day devotional that merges the geeky things you love with the God you love. Get your copy today at Amazon or use the promo code 1GEEK411 (PIXIEDUST) to get 25% off the e-book at mythosink.com.
● “Feature Film” – Meet the Robinsons
○ Based on the book “A Day With Wilbur Robinson” Orphaned Boy genius Lewis gives up hope of any his inventions working when his Memory Scanner, which he built to try to find his mother, breaks at the science fair. It is then Lewis meets young time-traveler named Wilbur Robinson who tells him he needs to fix the Memory Scanner or it would screw up the space time continuum forever. Lewis needs convincing that Wilbur is from the future so Wilbur whisks Lewis away in his time machine. The boys spend a day in the future with Wilbur's eccentric family and learn what really makes family all while being pursued by a mysterious sinister man in a bowler hat.
i. Started as a live action project
ii. After their agreement with Pixar expired, Disney formed the new Walt Disney Animation Studios, of which this is the first film.
iii. After reading the screenplay, director Stephen J. Anderson actively lobbied to direct this movie. As a child of adoption himself, Anderson personally experienced many of the emotions (questions about belonging, being wanted, etc) that Lewis expresses in the film.
iv. The character of Lewis was voiced by both Daniel Hansen and Jordan Fry. Daniel Hansen voiced Lewis at the beginning of the film's production, but had to be recast when his voice “broke” and when Lewis needed things changed, they had Jordan Fry re-dub some segments. It is noticeable in some parts of the movie.
v. The Robinsons' topiary garden is inspired by Walt Disney World. Large, intricate topiaries (generally of Mickey and other easily recognizable characters) have long been a staple of Disney World. Also, the Robinsons' garden features colored circular "bounce" pads; during the scenes where the characters bounce on these, they bounce in the same way as the "jumping" fountains outside the Imagination! pavilion at Epcot (which also jump from colored circles).
vi. Director Stephen J. Anderson and actor Ethan Sandler voiced a significant amount of the cast between them. Many of these characters interact; consequently, the two spent much time in voice-over sessions together. Stephen played Bowler Hat Guy / Grandpa Bud / Tallulah and Ethan played Doris / CEO / Spike / Dmitri / Laszlo / Fritz / Petunia
vii. When Wilbur is revealing his family, he says his dad looks like Tom Selleck. Tom Selleck indeed provides the voice for Wilbur's Dad.
● Segment: This week in Disney history “Once Upon a Time”
○ June 15 2018 - Incredibles 2 was released after a long wait.
○ June 16, 1955- Disney's 15th animated feature film Lady and the Tramp has its world premiere in Chicago. It is the first Disney cartoon feature filmed in CinemaScope
○ June 16, 2000 - Fantasia/2000 (the sequel to the 1940 Disney classic) opens at regular movie theaters nationwide.
● Segment: News/Announcements “The Newsies Banner”
● Frozen 2 Trailer
● At this year’s Annecy Intl. Animation Festival, Disney announced a reboot of one of its classic animated series, shared updates on handful of others. To sum up they will reboot Chip and Dale and they revealed a Monsters Inc series “Monsters At Work” Both Billy Crystal and John Goodman will return to their roles as Mike and Sulley for the series, which picks up six months after the original film ended. Now that the factories of Monsters, Inc. no longer harvest screams, after Mike and Sully proved that laughter provides ten times more energy, a new generation of workers who fancy themselves as funny look to shine, led by Tylor Tuskmon, a mechanic at the factory. The series’ 39, seven-minute episodes will be produced using traditional animation styles and features contemporary slap-stick narratives as the furry pair struggle with life in the big city.
● Click for more details on these and other new series
○ Segment: Top 4 Ranking “Let’s get down to business”
Top 4 Disney Fathers/Father Figures
2. Fa Zhou
i. Honorable Akela
Minisode Next week - UK themed